Values and Ethos
Principles underpinning our vision
- We are committed to ensuring that everyone is treated equally, regardless of their race, gender, religion, sexuality, age or disability.
- We will create a teaching and learning environment to enable students to fulfil their full academic potential.
- We will create a working atmosphere to enable students to develop their full potential in every sense, personally, morally, spiritually, culturally, physically as well as academically.
- We will support the creation of an outstanding cadre of staff who will continuously engage in, and contribute to, their own and colleagues’ professional development to the highest level towards the offer of a world class education
- We will generate and maintain through sound financial systems a quality and appropriate physical environment with excellent facilities to support and provide world class education.
- We will engage with other schools and the wider community, locally, nationally and internationally, to achieve higher standards in education, both locally and nationally.
- We will engage with all our stakeholders to create a common purpose in the development of a world class education within our schools.
Cedar Mount Academy’s values are hard work, respect and aspiration. These three characteristics underpin everything we are trying to achieve. We believe students need to be encouraged to work hard and be shown how important it is for them to always try their best. The students need to show respect to their peers and elders, with the teachers active in modelling this behaviour. Finally having aspirations is promoted in all areas of the academy, with students encouraged to aim high and achieve their goals