Welcome from the Principal
Welcome to the Cedar Mount Academy website. I hope that the information supplied here is useful to all who visit our site. Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is any further information you may require.
Cedar Mount Academy opened in August 2012 as part of the Bright Futures Educational Trust. The Trust includes six other schools, including two local primary schools and co-located Melland High School. Cedar Mount Academy is working with our Trust schools to provide a world class education to open up real choices for all our young people. The formal partnership and collaboration means that our students and staff have outstanding support from across the Trust to help them to excel. This will ensure we build on our recent success and achieve our aim of becoming one of the very best schools in Manchester.
Cedar Mount Academy is a purposeful, happy and dynamic community. As a result, not only are we continuing to drive up standards in all areas of our academy, we are also reviewing our curriculum to ensure it provides the academic depth and rigour to ensure our students are given every opportunity to succeed.
Cedar Mount Academy has the highest expectations of its staff and students and we expect all members of our community to look smart, behave well, try hard and achieve their personal best in all that they do. We also want our students to be happy and successful and we work hard to ensure all students are provided with the right support to succeed.
We are an academy where:
- Each student is treated equally, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexuality, age or disability.
- Each student is valued as an individual.
- The environment is welcoming, safe, supportive and challenging.
- Teaching and learning is exciting and active.
- All students make good progress relative to their starting point.
- Students and their parents are helped to plan for the future.
- Students are equipped to become responsible and active citizens.
If you would like to find out more or come for a tour, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Mr Chris Heyes